We took part in MS-150 last year loved it more because we could explore a new biking route for us to train. Here is the list of our Top 10 routes –
- Dakota Rail trail – This is one of my most favorite trails as it has less distractions in terms of stop signs and crowd and most distractions in trms of beauty!
- Grand Rounds Scenic Byway – As the name suggests, it is very grand and scenic though very crowded around the lakes.
- East River Parkway – This winding route is along the mighty Mississippi River on the east bank where University of Minnesota is.
- West River Parkway – This is also along Mississippi River in Minneapolis with beautiful bluffs and has many historic and scenic pit-stops.
- Lake Minnetonka LRT Reginal Trail – Very beautiful unpaved trail where you can see turtles on the trail and deer running along.
- Cedar Lake LRT Regional Trail – This runs between Downtown and Hopkins and is very good training trail.
- Luce Line Trail – A very long and scenic unpaved trail!
- N Cedar Lake Trail – This runs parallel to the Cedar Lake regional trail and joins Kenilworth trail to meet Downtown Minneapolis.
- Midtown Greenway – Double thumbs up to this trail as the trail is maintained year round and you see bikers in both snow and shine! Also it connects most of the trails I have mentioned here.
- The Gateway State Trail – This trail originates in St Paul and takes you to the beautiful city of Stillwater!
Write to us @firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more details or if you want to join us to explore more routes.
_D of D-Mad